The Miracle of Mistakes
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
So at the beginning of the summer when I was first starting my job at school, I was lying in my new apartment, completely exhausted. Because of some confusion, I had moved twice in one day that week, and was overwhelmed by my job. I was the first person to move into my summer apartment and no one else was supposed to be moving in until Monday. It was Saturday morning and I had just passed out on my couch after getting up early for work. All the sudden, I hear my door knob jingling and I got very nervous since I didn't think anyone was supposed to be showing up to move in that day. I went and opened the door and outside I saw: ROMA! Roma is in the same music fraternity as I am, but she was abroad in Italy all last year so I hadn't seen her in a long time. I was very confused, because I thought someone else was supposed to be my roommate. But Roma had the keys and the contract for this apartment, so I assumed everything was in order. The summer moved on and Roma and I introduced each other to our respective friends. We formed a great summer friend group, and I am so grateful for that. My summer would not have been nearly as wonderful if Roma hadn't been my roommate. Well, last week we had to get new keys for our apartment because of a mix-up, and when Roma went to get hers the woman would not give it to her because she said that someone else was supposed to be living in that apartment. Well, it turns out that I had been right--Roma wasn't supposed to be my roommate, but somehow she had been given the keys to my apartment! It is truly a miracle that someone made that mistake and it goes to show that often things are better when plans don't work out!
sacredness & storytelling All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger
0 comments:
Post a Comment