Vocal Rest

Thursday, April 22, 2010

So in general I take care of my voice, but I always seem to run into trouble right around performance time. I am always sick at auditions, I am always sick during the tech weeks of my musicals, and now I've done it again... I strained my voice. I was at the Ben Folds (my favorite artist) concert on Friday and was screaming, naturally... so here I am a few days before my showcase with my music fraternity and I can't hit the notes that I can normally hit with no problem. So for now I am on vocal rest, trying to cure my self-inflicted problem. I have done this before. When I was a freshman in high school the White Sox won the world series and I screamed and banged pots and pans outside... but of course that week was opening night of Anything Goes and my voice was cracking nonstop. I had to lipsync on stage and when I said my lines audience members laughed because of my squeaking! Ahhhh... of course these events at which I strain my voice always have to happen right before I go onstage... sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

sacredness & storytelling All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger