
For at least the past year and a half, every time I have walked into a book store I have seen this book, added it to my stack of possible purchases, and proceeded to put it down when it got down to the wire. You see, when I go into a book store, I basically want to inhale every book I see and as a result my possible purchases end up being around ten books after I have already forbidden myself to pick up many others along the way. I have a thirst for knowledge and a thirst for experiences and reading is my favorite way of learning. Of course I love going out and doing things myself as well. Ever since I was in fourth grade and my doctor told me I couldn't sit around reading all the time I have been aware that living my life by interacting with others is paramount. I do, however, still love the days I get to spend inside with only my current read as company. In the past month or so at school I have been getting antsy. Every time I sat down to read it was for one of my classes and while my English major self does love to read the classics, I was missing getting a high off of reading. (I experience these highs in other ways as well including running and performing, but I as I have been lazy in my working out and have not been on stage in almost a year things were getting grim.) So I went to the bookstore in search of a book that could satisfy my literary appetite. It has been over a year I'd say since I read something that I really loved. I never thought when I picked up Elizabeth Gilbert's
Eat Pray Love that it would curb my craving. But it has! I am reading it right now over Easter break, and I knew from the first page that this would be a book that I would love. Elizabeth Gilbert is an eloquent writer and her story of her "search for everything" is something that I think we can all connect on. It fits in flawlessly with the idea of "traveling" that I wrote about a few posts back. Please read this book! It is deliciously well-written and provides the reader with self-assurance and pure delight.
eat, pray, love,
Hilary
0 comments:
Post a Comment