| Photo courtesy of notetoself.typepad.com |
I am determined to live a life that is fully mine, that no one has ever experienced before or will ever experience again. Sometimes it's scary--probably more for my parents than for me--but most of the time it's exciting.
When I was coming home from studying abroad, someone told me that the best part of my life was over. The best part of my life is not over just because one adventure has come to a close. There are so many things that I will still do, and some of them will be even more rewarding than my study abroad experience. There are so many things that I do and am planning to do precisely because I'm afraid to do them. So many people say "I wish I could do ____," or "If ______ then I would do _______." I know that I am a person who will do the things that I want to do. I've always regretted the times I haven't, whether it be traveling somewhere, saying something to someone, or getting out of my bed on time.
Right now, as I'm preparing to graduate from college, I don't have a set career path. Some people would find that terrifying; I find it exciting. I can do whatever I want. One thing that I know I want to do is to be a certified doula, a birthing assistant. What is something you've dreamed of doing but are hesitant to do?
I am hesitant about grad school. I am worried that I won't like it and I don't want it to be a waste of time or money.
ReplyDeleteI am hesitant about grad school. I am worried that I won't like it and that it will be a waste of time and money.
ReplyDelete