A Brief Review of PostGrad

Saturday, May 15, 2010


Alexis Bledel plays Ryden Malby (loving the name Ryden, I am. right up there with Harper) who has just graduated from college and has the "world at her fingertips and doesn't know it," as the sexy man across the street tells her. Alexis is adorable as always, but her character is virtually identical to that of Rory Gilmore from the ever-loveable television series, Gilmore Girls. No matter how much I love Bledel in the television show, I wish I could see if she is able to act in different roles. Maybe Amy Sherman-Palladino, the writer and director of GG's simply got that role right for her and that was what she was supposed to do in the acting world. Anyway, the clothes and the boy were gorgeous, but it was definitely not worth the FIVE DOLLARS I had to hand over to the Blockbuster clerk. Suffering quite a lot from Netflix and Redbox, I suppose? But FIVE DOLLARS, really? At least the movie is due back on Thursday...? So I can watch the predictable story again? It was cute, but not showstopping and some of the attempts at humor failed. Love love love the little boy that played her brother though! Haha sorry this is a random review. Oh, by the way, Tom is on his way to Prom now... my baby brothaaa. So PostGrad... see it only if you love Alexis Bledel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

sacredness & storytelling All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger