operatic brilliance

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kate Miller-Heidke is one of my favorite artists. I first heard of her when she opened for Benjamin Folds at the Pageant in St. Louis last October. Ben didn't play any of my favorite songs, so I would almost say that I enjoyed Kate's performance more. That is definitely saying something since I usually don't like seeing live music unless I know the songs! She is trained as an opera singer, but her music generally falls under the category of singer-songwriter. What makes it so unique is that she hasn't given up her operatic background--she incorporates it into her music. Her cute Australian accent makes her even more enjoyable to listen to! Check her out--Caught in the Crowd, Are you F*cking Kidding Me?, and Politics in Space are some of my favorites!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

sacredness & storytelling All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger